Friday, November 11, 2011

Featured Artist: Heversonart

Artist Featured:  Heather Everson




Once upon a time, there was a jewelry artist named Heather Everson.  She runs a great shop on Etsy featuring handmade jewelry and artwork.  Her jewelry is not just of one type.  Rather, Heather creates pieces that are beaded, painted, wire-wrapped, etc.  The list goes on and on!  Each piece is an original and is carefully and artistically hand-crafted. 

I met Heather back in April 2011 when I first joined Etsy.  She is the current captain of the EtsyHeartsBeads Team, which happens to be the first team I ever joined!  Now she is a proud and active team member of our NNNTeam! 

Our very own NNNTeam artist Heather Everson lives in Escanaba, Michigan and is married with a beautiful 3-year-old girl Kaylie.  Since her pregnancy, she has been a big fan of hot peppers!  "I ate them constantly despite my husband's protests that our daughter would be born in a ball of fire and it just stuck with me I guess!"

In the mere 25 years Heather has been alive, she has accomplished quite a lot!  Right now, Heather is a stay at home mom, which everyone knows is a lot of work!  She works a full-time job during the Christmas season and part-time the rest of the year as an artist and jewelry designer.  Heather sells her wares on Etsy and in local craft shows as well.  Yet, though she still considers jewelry her "hobby", she hopes to expand once her child is in school.  I know this is one person who will accomplish whatever she wants!


When I asked Heather how she came to having a shop on Etsy, this is what she said:

"I knew a local artist who had a shop on Etsy and was impressed with the amount of handmade talent on Etsy.  I joined and found my own little niche too in Aug 2010!"

Her favorite thing to make is nature-inspired jewelry hand shaped from copper wire featuring creatures like birds, dragonflies, and leaves.  She says that there is plenty of inspiration that drives her, like the floral images from Georgia O'Keefe to real items in nature. 


Heather has been creating drawings and painting since she was a child.  And has been a snake-lover since then too!  About her recent expansion to jewerly, she told me, "Jewelry provided me with such a wonderful opportunity and still allows me to create unique works of art. I absolutely love my new calling and I hope that my work can find people who will cherish them as much as I loved making them!

2 comments: