Friday, March 16, 2012

Artist Feature: Ksewingbasket

Kelly's Sewing Basket

I met Kelly a while back and she admitted to me that she is a "fabric addict".  I can't blame her though, since she creates such beautiful items!  And of course her destash on Etsy is to die for!!


Once upon a time.... "it started with a dozen table runners I made and brought with me to sell at a show with a good friend of mine in 2000. They were a hit. The following two years I sold over a hundred table runners and baby items at shows. Then I branched out into aprons."  Now, Kelly has over 840 sales and climbing!


She first learned to knit from her mother and to crochet, and even indulged her sister in some macrame projects!  Then she moved on to fabric, fabric, and fabric.  Fabric, as you may have guessed, is Kelly's favorite craft medium.  Especially Christmas fabric!  She plans ahead for each season, starting her holiday items over the summer months. 

Though fabric has brought her great success, Kelly is dabbling in other crafts as well such as jewelry and cards! 

When I asked Kelly how she came to find Etsy, she said, "I found Etsy through a fellow local farmer's market vendor.   She told me to check out 'Etsy'.  I had to ask her 3 times what the name was!  That was in the summer of 2007."  Since her shop is so successful, she regrets "looking into it" so much and deciding not to open a shop until 6 months later!  Before that, she tried Ebay, which she said was "was not working for my handmade!"  You have to have a shop in a community that appreciates handmade, as Etsy does.

Kelly is from Michigan, in the Ann-Arbor area.  She is highly-skilled as sewing, as I know from the wallet I purchased from her.  She is a great friend to have and promotes others as she would herself.  Maybe even more so!  Her favorite item to make changes weekly, so you should frequently check her shop for new items and great destash items!

Please take a gander at Kelly's profile and shop:  you WON'T be disappointed!

Kelly's Sewing Basket

Her Profile:
http://www.etsy.com/people/ksewingbasket?ref=ls_profile

Her Shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ksewingbasket?ref=pr_shop_more

2 comments: